How to determine number of contacts in each group
The Apple iOS API prevents us from accessing the names of your contact lists, which could be an issue if you sync contacts from multiple accounts.
So, the most definitive way to know which account is which is to use the number of contacts in each one.
Get Number of contacts from Source list
- First, open the Contact app, and click Groups on the top left
- Uncheck everything
- Check the contact list that you want to move (the source contact list)
- Click Done
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the list look at the number of contacts in that list. Write it down.
Get Number of contacts from Destination list
- Repeat the above process for the Destination list, except choose the contact list that you want to move contacts into (the destination address book). Write this number down.
Run Contact Mover
- Open Contact Mover and select the appropriate lists, based on the number of contacts in parenthesis.
- Click next, and begin the transfer
- If possible, have the destination list open on another device and watch contacts flow in.
↩ Back to guides
comments powered by Disqus